Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Recipe Scrapbook Challenge

At my wedding shower last year, I received one of the best gifts a girl who loves to cook could ask for:  a recipe scrapbook.

My dear sis/MOH asked all of our family and friends to send her one or more of their favorite recipes to include in the book.  The response was amazing!  So much so that not all of the recipes fit in the book so for the moment there are a bunch just hanging loosely inside the cover.  I was so touched by this that I decided I want to try and make every recipe at least once.  Too ambitious?

I blogged about this before but nothing really came of it.  But now that it's nearly a year and a half later, I really need to step it up.  Since there are so many recipes, I'm not setting a time-limit for myself... the goal will just be to finish making all of the recipes in the book.... someday.

What I like most about this book is the variety of recipes.  I think almost all of the Asian countries are covered -- Japan, Vietnam, the Philippines, Korea, China, India... not to mention French, German, Mexican, and a fair share of good ol' recipes from the Mid-West.   Also there are desserts, appetizers, entrees, snacks, side dishes, cocktails, and at least 6 or 7 different banana bread recipes.  So plenty to choose from!

There is one rule that I'm setting for myself:  No tweaking the recipes the first time around.  This will be hard since, as I mentioned before, I never stick to recipes.  But I want to make it the way it's originally intended.  So the only tweaking I'm allowed to do is serving size (as there is only me and Patrick to feed) and any other limitations, like if something requires grilling (I have no grill) or if there is an obscure ingredient that I can't find anywhere.  Other than that, I want to try to stay true to the original recipes.

Of course I will include some of my recipe scrapbook endeavors on here under the "Recipe Scrapbook" label so look forward to that!

oo,

1 comment:

  1. My mom asked people to do that for my shower but no one did. So...yeah. My job is easy b/c I don't have to make anything. hah! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...