Thursday, October 21, 2010

Time to Book It: Update #1

After my literature post earlier this week, I put 9 books immediately on hold at my public library and today I received a lovely e-mail notifying me that 7 of them were available for pickup. Whoops, did not expect them to all come at once, especially since a lot of these had a waiting list (apparently they have a lot of copies).

Anyway, here is a peak at the stack I picked up today:


Please disregard the cluttered background.

The top book, "The Giver" by Lois Lowry is obviously one of those timeless classics that I somehow missed out on during my childhood, so I'm giving it a try.

The next two books by Malcolm Gladwell, "What the Dog Saw" and "Outliers" are there to add some non-fiction flavor to my life.

"The Sky Village" by Monk and Nigel Ashland was recommended by my one and only womb-mate to inspire my own children's book.

And the bottom three, "The Devil in the Kitchen,"  "Heat,"  and "Becoming a Chef" are to prepare me for my next potential career venture... and are also non-fiction, so that's a plus.

If I were a betting man, I'd expect a book review to pop up on here sooner or later.  I know, the suspense is killing me, too.

oo,

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...