Each post features creative and beautiful ideas for the home that I necessarily wouldn't think about or find on my own, like color combinations and patterns, furniture arrangements, and accessories. Also the pictures are just fun to look at.
Reading this blog takes me back to the days in grade school when my sister and I would spend hours sitting on the living room floor flipping through my mom's gigantic stash of catalogues while discussing our future homes and husbands. Now that I have the husband detail sorted out, I can focus more on the home. I don't recall what my dream home was like back then though I can imagine it has changed a great deal...
Admittedly, right now our place still exudes that "just out of college" feel, with mismatched furniture acquired through a combination of Craigslist and Ikea runs, stark white walls (slightly improved of late after hanging a few wedding photos), and little to no color scheme. This, I should say, has all been done consciously as we have decided not to worry about acquiring quality furniture and embellishments until we actually buy a place of our own... But it's fun to think about the next step, and after reading "The Elegant in the Room," I've been getting great ideas and tips for both my present living space and my future home(s?).
For anyone with even the slightest interest in interior design (which I believe includes everyone), I recommend checking out this blog :)
oo,
Thanks, Monny!!!!! And I FULLY support conscious decisions to not worry about design. That's what I'm personally doing now too! I talk about that a little on the blog too...
ReplyDeleteAnd I missed this blog entry too!! Honestly, what is going on?
ReplyDelete